KDAA Show Rules
- All animals entered for the competition must be the bona fide property of the entrants, the entrants business, the entrants employers, or the entrants family and must have been in their possession since 1st of June, 2017.
- No animal will be allowed to compete in more than one Class, except in certain Horse Sections (please check with Secretary prior to entering) and Class 51a.
- Farm Cart Harness need not be the property of the exhibitor, who need not be a member of the Association. Harness must be exhibited upon a horse.
- Where prizes or donations are given for any special class or purpose, such prize or donation shall be awarded to the that class or purpose to which it was given.
- Qualified person must be in attendance upon each lot of livestock the whole time of the Show, and all attendants must be amenable to the orders of the Directors and Stewards.
- With the excpetion of the Stewards and other members of the Committee in the discharge of their duties, no person will be admitted inside the judging rings or to interfere with or come in contact with the Judges on any pretext whatsoever.
- All stock must be placed in the show yard half an hour before judging commences at 8:30am. The gates will be shut and the showyard cleared of all persons, except those in attendance upon stock. One person being allowed to each lot and at 9:00am the show yard will be open to the public.
- No animal or lot shall be allowed to leave the showfield before 3:00pm unless with the written permission of the Secretary.
- No booths, refreshment stall, itinerant or strollling players or vendors of any commodity whatsoever, will be admitted to the show yard without a pass from the Secretary. Should any person be found infringing this order they will be immediately ejected.
- Should there be any Class for which sufficient number of entries have not been made to give a fair competition, the Directors reserve the power to reduce the prize offered or withdraw that Class from competition.
- Protests (if any) must be lodged with the Secretary, in writing, before 2:00pm on the day of the Show; otherwise such protest will not be entertained. The Directors reserve the power to settle all protests or disputes that may arise, from whose decision there is no appeal. All protests must be accompanied with a deposit of £10.00 and if not sustained, this sum will be forfeited at the discretion of the Directors.
- Show lists, forms of entry and schedules can be obtained from the Secretary on application.
- All entry monies must be paid to the Secretary and Treasurer prior to the Show.
- The Association, its Directors, attending members, or Servants, shall not be responsible to any person whatsoever while upon the Associations premises, or while entering or leaving same, for any damage or loss, however caused, to the property of any such person, or for injury, fatal or otherwise, to any such person. The Association, its Directores, attending members or Servants shall not be responsible for any accidenct, damage or loss, however caused, that may occur to any exhibitor, or their servant, or to any animal, article or property brought into the show field, or while entering or leaving or being carried into or out of the said show field. Each exhibitor or entrant shall be solely responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be done to, or occassioned by or arising from any animal, article or property exhibited or brought to the show field by them and they shall indemnify and hold harmless the Association from and against all actions, suits expenses and claims on account of, or in respect of any damage or injury which may be caused or occassioned. Exhibitors must take their own risks of the pens, buchts and stalls provided by the Association and will be held to have satisfied themselves as to the sufficiency thereof before their stock is installed.
- Please note that entry fees are non-refundable in the event of the Show being cancelled for reasons out with the Directors' control.
- Exhibitors are requested to note timetable where an animal is entered in more than one class, the committee can take no responsibility if a clash in time occurs.
BY ORDER OF THE DIRECTORS OF THE KIRRIEMUIR DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL ASSOCIATION
To download these rules, click here.